Teej, women's favorite

                                             TEEJ

Teej is a festival celebrated by Nepali women, for the long life of her husband and long and firm relationship between them until the death this life and all the lives to come. Teej is observed for marital happiness. Teej is  the most famous festival among Nepali women.Teej is traditionally dedicated to the Goddess Parvati,   remembering her union with Lord Shiva. It is a three-day-long
celebration that combines splendid feasts as well as rigid fasting.
People around Nepal in different way but in similar process.Now let me share my own experience on teej festival.

Teej is one of my favorites festival maybe due to excitement of  getting wonderful opportunity to explore the holy places in my community,dance and roam around Pashupatinath area very nicely.So, moving on the first day of teej is dar khane din.On this day,we called our courtiers and prepared delish food items and ate with entire family with joy.Our school gave us three days long holiday so that we can enjoy this festival.The second day is main day(fasting day).All the ladies members of my family took fast for the prosperity of marital life.So,sharp at 12:00 o'clock,we all relatives i.e ladies members of my family went to Pashupatinath to worship SHIVA LINGA by decorating themselves with red sari ,chadke tilhari as a cumpolsion,laganko pote and natthi as they are considered very important.




We then went to siphal to see the dance program because seeing the dance of women present of all ages from 20s to 80s provides such a relaxation to heart you'll never get,my mom says.On third day,we woke up early in the morning and did puja.We then ate karkalo ko tarkari with pure food made from pure ghee.On fourth day it is rishi panchami.I don't know much about this but I only know is that on this day we do  puja and all our sins get forgiven if we worship God with pure heart.



In this way,I celebrated teej with all happiness with my family as it was the best time spend time with my family.






Comments

Popular Posts