Tihar festival


For the allocation of 10 marks we were also told to post our tihar experience separately on our blog. So eventually,after the completion of tihar, I am going to write about my tihar experience.

As, tihar is regarded second biggest festival after dashain, I would like to write something about it.

Tihar

Tihar is also known as deepawali, Yamapanchak or swanti.It is a five day long Hinduism festival celebrated in Nepal and in the Indian states of Assam, Sikkim and Darjeeling district of west Bangal. It is the festival of lights as diyas are lit inside and outside the houses to make it illuminate at night. It is popularly known as Swanti among the Newars and deepawali among the madhesis. Tihar is considered to be great importance as it shows reverence to not just the human and the gods, but also the animals like cows, crows, and dogs maintain an intimate relationship with human.



My experience of tihar


This time my tihar went just amazing right from the first day of tihar. This year, I also played  deusi and bhailo with my friends . We were altogether 5 . We were successful in acquiring Rs.5000. We did dance and also sang tihar song.As tihar has five days celebration, I would like to start my experience from the first day of tihar.

Kaag tihar

On this day , we didn't do much special, but we offered delicious food items to crows on a leaf.







Kukur tihar

On this day, I worshipped dog with Tika and Garland made with flowers. I gave it delish food stuffs to eat.





Laxmi puja

On this day, we cleaned our house. I was really very excited on this day. I plastered my hose with cow dung and red clay. I also made footprints of goddess Laxmi and also colourful rangoli with colored rice, dry flour and coloured sand in order to welcome wealth and prosperity.
We worshipped cows in the morning as well as we worshipped goddess Laxmi with paan, Bhai masala, and other beauty products and sweets and so on. We kept colourful lights in our home. In the night, we lightened oil lamps on doorways and windows. I also played deusi and bhailo with my four friends . We played bhailo up to 12:20o'clock. All paople appreciated our dance. We collected money as a tip from houses and shared the bounty among ourselves.






 Bhai Tika

On the day of bhaitika, !e and my sister put Tika to our cousin brother as our brother is in abroad. We put Tika in his forehead, circled him by dripping oil on the floor from a copper pitcher and applied oil on his head as well as applied seven- colour Tika in his forhead. And he also performed same tradition with an exchange of gifts.

.

Comments

Popular Posts